Balloon Boats

7:22 PM



I saw these a while ago on A Little Learning for Two and have been waiting for the right time to try it.  Since we were already on the subject of transportation this week I figured this would be a good time!

Our supplies included a container for the boat, hole punch, straw, rubber band, balloon, and hot glue. I started with 2 plastic mushroom containers.


They had low sides and flat bottoms, so I figured they would be pretty stable.  I used a hole punch to make a hole in one of the short sides of each boat.


Then I took a balloon and rubber banded it onto a straw,




I stuck the straw through the hole in the boat with the balloon on the inside of the boat.


Then I hot glued around it on both sides (A Little Learning for Two used blue tack, but the best I had was hot glue). Excuse the poor glue job; it was hard for me to get around the straw!


Once they were dry, I filled the pool up a little, and we headed outside to try them out.  At first I blew up the balloons and the girls took them, holding the straws tightly, and released them in the water.  They enjoyed watching them go.  It did take them a little while to figure out that the air from the balloon was what was making the boats move.





Bria figured out how to blow up her own balloon! 




I hadn't bothered to blow the pool up completely before filling it figuring we would just put it away after this. This was much too inviting for Eli though, and before I knew it he was soaked! Of course, the girls had to join in. 



Follow along, so you don't miss a post! 

  follow life with moore babies on facebook follow life with moore babies on pinterest follow life with moorebabies on Instagram follow life with moore babies RSS Feed follow life with moore babies through twitter follow life with moore babies through email follow life with moore babies through Google+ follow life with moore babies on stumbleupon

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Moore Babies Boutique

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Subscribe