Make Dessert Gluten Free with Cookie Dough Truffles6:42 AM
The one thing I did have to replace was the flour. An all purpose gluten free flour is not difficult to make, but it does require some special ingredients.
Ingredients for All Purpose Gluten Free Flour:
Ingredients for Gluten Free Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 C salted butter (not margarine), softened
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 C gluten free all purpose flour (see recipe above)
- 1 t vanilla (specifically McCormick Pure Vanilla if avoiding corn)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips (Nestle)
- 2 C milk chocolate chips (Nestle)
- 2 T canola oil
How to Assemble Gluten Free Cookie Dough TrufflesNow that you have all your gluten free, corn free, spice free ingredients ready to go, you can make your little candies. One of the good things about these is that they don't really require any cooking. Also, no candy thermometer required like so many candies!
1. Start by creaming the butter and sugar.
2. Add flour, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
3. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4. Refrigerate a couple hours.
5. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. They don't have to be perfect as the dough gets sticky very fast.
6. Refrigerate an hour or two to firm them up before dipping. I also smooth them out a little right before dipping.
7. Melt milk chocolate chips and canola oil in microwave in 30 second increments stirring between each one.
8. Dip balls in chocolate and place on waxed paper lined baking sheets.
|Notice I smoothed the ball out before dipping.|
These need to be stored in the refrigerator to avoid melting! Excuse the messiness, I am not a "pretty" candy maker. Pretty or not they are still delicious!
The original recipe uses 2 C all purpose flour and the brands don't matter. The texture is slightly more grainy with the gluten free flour, but still very yummy!